Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to setup a garden on roof?
#1
Does any body know or have basic setup a garden on roof?
Please give me some instructions or guide so that I can do it myself.
Reply
#2
I don't really see the big deal.  I suppose you would just make a large container and put dirt in it!  After that, you would just treat it like any other garden.  OK, am I off-base here?

OK, well, that answer was sort of dumb!  Here is a better one:

https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Rooftop-Garden
Reply
#3
It is same as where you place the plants in pots. I would suggest you to build a green house on terrace and grow better plants.
Some of my recommendations are as follows:
1. Green house or polyhouse
2. PVC Drip irrigation
3. Drainage connection for waste water.
Reply
#4
I will post some images of terrace gardening as this is one of the best way to plant and utilize free space. I am getting a lot of space on my terrace soon so I will keep so many plants for my kitchen.
Reply
#5
Are the drainage cels the only form of drainage used? Or is there a pipe line for runoff water?
Reply
#6
Having a roof garden is getting more & more popular. What I'd do is, if you see someone with one, be it a residential or commercial building, just go & ask how they did it. I'd think most people would be quite open to giving some tips.
Reply
#7
If you don't plan your roof garden, there can be a seepage problem. Use plastic grass on the floor and grow plants on vases and pots. Container gardening is the best approach for a roof garden.
Reply
#8
I tend to see many people who have roof gardens, and a lot of the time, they tend to have plant pots that they plant seeds of their choice in and then decorate the garden around the plant pots.

Roof gardens do seem to be getting much more popular.
Reply
#9
I’ve set a few plants on my rooftop wall since I have a sheet roof and can't make a proper garden here. Adding more plants would mean climbing up every day just to water them, which is a huge waste of my time. But if I don't water them regularly, they'll dry up and die.
I am designing an automated plant irrigation system that monitors soil needs and delivers precise, timely watering
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How high should a raised garden bed? 3DWaffle1 4 4,713 09-26-2026, 08:07 PM
Last Post: srinivas
  Rock garden ZandraJoi 2 1,960 09-26-2026, 07:38 PM
Last Post: srinivas

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)