04-30-2022, 03:25 AM
Looking to add a pond to my back yard, I was wondering if anyone has ever had any experience in this. I have been told to get some pigs and after you dig the hole they can help impact the sides and ground.
|
At home pond has anyone set up one before in their back yard?
|
|
04-30-2022, 03:25 AM
Looking to add a pond to my back yard, I was wondering if anyone has ever had any experience in this. I have been told to get some pigs and after you dig the hole they can help impact the sides and ground.
12-12-2022, 08:56 AM
Morningchimp, post: 1135, member: 74 Wrote:Looking to add a pond to my back yard, I was wondering if anyone has ever had any experience in this. I have been told to get some pigs and after you dig the hole they can help impact the sides and ground.We have some friends who hired someone to excavate to build a pond. It was quite expensive but worth it in the long run as they get a bunch of waterfowl now. I have never heard of using pigs but I can see how some would.
09-24-2026, 11:10 AM
I remember as a kid, when I was growing up, we had a pond in our garden with goldfish and other fish. It was a pond that my grandma used to have in her garden, but she didn't have time for it anymore, so she gave the pond and the fish to us.
I remember my dad digging a hole in the place where they wanted the pond to go, and then he placed the pond liner in before placing the actual pond tub in and ensuring it was secure. We had the pond for many years as well as the fish.
09-26-2026, 02:38 PM
I don't have a pond because it takes up too much space. However, I’ve seen them used at event venues to help cool down the area. In the city, usually only large homeowners can afford the space and expense to build and maintain one.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads… | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| How to eliminate fresh mushrooms and pea rock from whole yard? | ramesh | 2 | 2,855 |
09-26-2026, 02:43 PM Last Post: srinivas |
|